February plans
Wow! Almost two months have gone by now since Merritt proposed, and I am busy with wedding plans! :)
We have set the date for August 4th in Traverse City.
I will arrive home from Singapore the end of April, so I am trying to plan as much as possible from here. Praise God for the Internet! :)
Merritt is overseas on deployment now with the US Airforce, and it is hard to communicate other than a few short emails each week. He will only be there for a few months which is better than most. My brother Ben has been there three months now and will have nine more before his deployment ends.
Please be praying for both of these brave men as they serve our country.
Well, as you noticed I only have two months left now in Singapore.
I will be hopping over to the Philippines in late April to help with a church building project for a week or so. (My kind of work! :) I am excited to get a little bit of construction experience in before heading home from my Big City assignment in S'pore. :)
Untill then, I am busy carefully choosing and prepairing sermons that I want to leave with the awesome youth I have come to love here. I will only have a few left and hope to leave them with the best resources I can.
I also hope to get together with as many youth as possible in the time I have left. I hope the small groups can take me to a few places I have not seen yet in Singapore (Hint Hint! :)
Also, Chinese New Year is coming up next weekend and should be a great tradition to experience!
There are decorations already up all over the city.
I am excited to be involved in a few festivities as my friends Chin and James are planning to take me around to gatherings. I really enjoying learning about the Chinese culture and traditions.
I will try to post pictures and explain more as I experience it.
Until next time...
God bless!! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home