heidicando

Revealing purpose and hope to the youth of Singapore.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I miss SNOW!!!

I know you think I'm crazy! But I was bummed when Dennis sent this picture to Jenny and she forwarded it to me. It's of our beloved Living Hope church last week in the first snow of the year! There's something so refreshing and natural about WINTER!

The sky her in Singapore has been looking like it's about to snow, but it is something much more disgusting! If you have heard in the news, farmers in near by Indonesia try to save money by BURNING forests to clear farm land! Guess where all the ash and soot drops? Yup! Right here in Singapore and our neighbors Malaysia and even up into Thailand! In parts of Indonesia people can't even go out side, but our air is bad enough to give me a head ache on my walk to the subway. It looks like a thick fog or even snow at times! But it is here to stay until the winds pick up or expected rain finally comes the end of the month!
Well anyways, I'm dreaming of the real snow now that is clean and beautiful! My mind keeps expecting to wake up to a cold morning and crisp air in my lungs.... NOPE! Just Smokey Air for now! : )



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home