heidicando

Revealing purpose and hope to the youth of Singapore.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bling Bling!!

As you may know, Merritt was able to join me for this trip to Thailand, and we had a few days together in Singapore following. Our first full day we planned to spend on Sentosa Island, which is just off the busy mainland of Singapore.
Merritt said he wanted me to open my Christmas presents that day, so we found a quiet gazebo near the ocean, and he set up the camera to film me open them. The first gift was a bit unnerving as it had the size and look of an engagement ring box!
I tried my best to not let my face show it, but was truly disappointed when it was a pair of earrings! I opened my second and last present which was the calendar with pictures of us that Merritt makes for me each year. I started flipping thru the months to view the pictures but as I was about to flip to December Merritt leaned over and whispered in my ear “Hey Heidi, I love you.” I was shocked! Those were the words he had promised he never say until he could prove it with a ring! He told me to turn the page, and I saw on the next page a picture of us, and a ring in the picture. I then looked back at him, and he was already on one knee with a beautifully handcrafted, heart-shaped box! The ring I saw inside was the most beautiful I have ever seen!
I of course said yes and he put it on my finger! Then we read together 1 Corinthians 13 and prayed that our relationship would always mirror that love. With in five minutes storm clouds had moved over the little gazebo we were under and a tropical storm poured rain all around us! We were stranded under the gazebo for a while, and could hear a group of Christians singing worship songs under another shelter near by. It was a perfect way to celebrate our future together! And I praise God for such an awesome man who went to such lengths to win my heart. He truly has it!

2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! We are excited for the both of you! We are expecting baby number in July! Merry Christmas!

Steve and Shann Barker

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps! That's baby number 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home