Who is HE?

O.K. now I feel bad cause I am getting emails from some of my amaizing missionary gal pals asking "What! Who's Your Man?" It makes me realize how long it's been since I have talked to some of you! So, seeing as yesterday was August 7th; the one year anniversary of Merritt and I dating, I have decided to dedicate this post to our story!
Last July I went to Spiritual Warfare camp, as I have done many years before. A one week bootcamp style christian youth camp. I love it! But a lot of our guys from my home church didn't attend as Councelors that year. So there were a few new male faces from other churches in Southern Michigan. (Now please keep in mind that I was on serious Focused-on the missions- feild mode! Nothing and no one was gonna distract me!)
So, one of these guys was introduced to the team of councelors the first night as being in the Airforce, and having recently returned from serving in Iraq. O.K. so that kinda made my knees a little wobbly, but I wasn't going to let some (really handsome, super tough, and super cool) guy distract me!
So I continued on with my week. Leading my group of girls and trying not to notice Merritt's perfectly executed push-ups during P.T. :) I had a great time ministering to my girls, and trying NOT to notice his awesome times of prayer with His guys. But as the week progressed, I started to pray. First it was "Lord, please don't let me be distracted by this guy. I know he is here to do your work and so am I and that is what I want to focus on. " By Friday, my prayers became, "Lord, This guy is really cool, and if I could have a guy like him for a husband that would be nice."
So the end of the week came and we all returned to our homes. But my mind was still on this really cool guy from camp. I kept praying..... and after one week I got an Email!
I'm sure you can figure out the rest from there :)
We have been growing in our friendhsip and relationship eversince!
And He is more than I could have ever asked for. What is so neat is that Merritt thinks the same about me! God has a perfect way of planning these things, and I am so blessed to be living my own fairy tale now, because I trusted Him.
So What about now? Merrit and I are a million miles apart, but we are growing even stonger and more fond of eachother. We are able to talk on MSN almost everyday!
And God is continuing to teach me trust as I must lean on Him and not on anyone else. I know this is the lesson most women must go thru, not just to put all our security in The Man of our dreams, but in the Maker and Sustainer of life, and of love. Because no love will last without Him being first place, 'and a three string cord is not easily broken. '
Please be praying for Merritt and I as we continue to trust. Merritt has just returned to Michigan after trying out for Special Forces (what a man!) He is now awaiting news on other job openings in the Air National Gaurd, and seeking God's direction for The future. (He has a contract for three more years in the gaurd.)
Well, I hope you all are blessed, and encouraged by our story and I hope to encourage you in you own specific siituations, to trust God above all. I love you all! love, Heidi
P.S. I will add more pics to this when I have time, of the camp, and of the Roses that were sent to my office yesterday! Stay tuned!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home