Arrival in Singapore!
I arrived in Singapore this past Sunday, May 20th.
I have just now begun to kick the jet lag.
Singapore is a beautiful Island with amaizing tropical plants and trees, and an enormous sea of people living on it. Most of these people live in high rise appartment buildings called HDB's; one of which I will be moving into today!
I have been spending the last few days learning my way around a small part of this huge city, and practicing riding the public transportation (M.R.T) with out getting lost. :)
My host Missionaries, Phil and Lisa Dimusto have gone out of their way to make me feel very at home, and to teach me about Singapore and the culture.
This Sunday morning I will go to Moriah church were I will begin working with the youth this Tuesday. Senior Pastor Simon Ang and His wife Anna are very nice people that I am really excited to work with. Pastor Simon has already set up times with some of the Youth to show me around and teach me things about the culture. That way I am able to build relationships with the youth and have help getting settled in my new city!
Thank you to everyone back home for helping me come and serve in Singapore.
I am excited to see how God will work in the lives of these teens and in my life as I find my place in this intriguing city.
God bless you all. I love you, Heidi.
Please free to email me ?'s or a just a hello @ my same address : heidicando@yahoo.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home